How-To: Fix iMessage Bug that Prevent Android Phone Receiving SMS

How-To: Fix iMessage Bug that Prevent Android Phone Receiving SMS

Deregister iMessage

Deregister iMessage

Last year I switch my smartphone from iPhone 4S to HTC One M8 (read my review here) and I never look back since then. I am a happy Android phone user now and I do not miss iPhone.

There was an "iMessage bug" that puzzle me for some time, though. Ever since I switched to Android phone, I no longer receive SMS or text message sent from other contacts who are using iPhone. All their messages were still sent to my old iPhone.

Apple recommends you to turn off iMessage before switch to a non-Apple phone following steps below:

  1. Put SIM card into your (old) iPhone
  2. Goto Settings.
  3. Tap Messages.
  4. Turn iMessage 'off'. Go back to Settings.
  5. Tap FaceTime.
  6. Turn FaceTime 'off'. Exit Settings.

It will take sometimes for the settings to take effect. Some users reported that the trick does not work. Also, what if you no longer have your iPhone (sold or lost)?

Starting from November 2014, Apple has a dedicated page to Deregister iMessage for those ex-iPhone users to deregister from iMessage.

deregister iMessage phone number

deregister iMessage phone number

Simply enter your phone number, then enter the confirmation code send to your phone number via SMS. It will then deregister your number from iMessage.

After deregistration, other iPhone users will send text messages to you as SMS, which you can receive on a non-iPhone phone.

Visit Deregister iMessage

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Ideas For The Most Lucrative Side Hustles

WhatsApp Latest Update Brings Rich Previews Document

BLU G51s Android Go Edition Smartphone With 6.4-inch Display